Today the NASCAR Hall Of Fame announced the nominees for the 2018 Hall Of Fame Class. They also announced the nominees for the Landmark Award which is given for outstanding contributions to NASCAR. All of the 25 people on this list weather a owner, driver,crew chief or broad caster they have left their mark on our sport but more importantly they have helped shape our sport. After long careers some spanning decades they are one step closer to the sports highest honor: being inducted to the NASCAR Hall Of Fame. Among the list are five first time nominees who are Davey Allison, Red Farmer, Joe Gibbs, Rodger Penske and Bobby Labonte. These five as well as the fifteen others hope to be one of the five selected in to the class of 2018. The five will be selected by the NASCAR Hall of Fame voting panel, which will include a fan vote on NASCAR.com voting for the class will take place on Wednesday May 14, 2017.
Let’s meet the nominees
1. Davey Allison- Driver from 1985 to 1993 with 191 starts and 19 wins with 4 career poles
2. Buddy Baker- Driver from 1959-1992 with 699 starts and 19 wins with 38 career poles
3. Red Byron- Driver from 1949-1951 with 15 starts 2 wins and 2 career poles
4. Ray Evernham- Crew Chief 1192-1999 213 starts 47 wins and 30 career poles
5.Red Farmer- Driver 4 Championships in two divisions Late Model Sportsman 1969,1970,1971 Modified 1956
6. Ray Fox- Builder, owner Premier owner stats. 1962-1974 200 starts 14 wins with 16 career poles
7. Joe Gibbs- Owner Premier owner stats 1992- present (stats as of 2016) 2020 with 140 wins and 101 career poles
8. Ron Hornaday Jr.- Driver Truck series 1995-99,2002,2004-2014 360 starts with 51 wins and 27 career poles
9. Harry Hyde- Crew Chief 1966-1993 56 wins with 88 career poles
10. Alan Kulwicki- Driver 1985-1993 207 starts 5wins and 24 career poles
11. Bobby Labonte- Driver 1991,1993-2016 729 starts with 21 wins and 26 career poles
12. Hershel Mcgriff- Driver Pro Series West 1971-2012 37 wins and 43 career poles
13. Rodger Penske- Owner Premier Series stats 1972-Present ( stats as of 2016) 1876 starts with 103 wins and 119 poles
14. Larry Phillips- Driver 1989-2001 with 308 starts and 226 wins
15. Jack Roush- Owner 1988- present 3,340 starts with 135 wins and 87 career poles
16.Rick Rudd- Driver 1975-2007 with 906 starts 23 wins and 29 career poles
17. Ken Squire- Broadcaster co founder of MRN
18. Mike Stefanik- Driver NASCAR Whelen Modified Stats 1985-2014 450 starts with 74 wins and 48 career poles.
19. Wadell Wilson- Crew Chief 1979-88,1990-93, 1995 with 287 starts 22 wins and 32 career poles
20. Robert Yates- Engine Builder/owner Premier Series Stats 1989-2007 with 1,155 starts with 57 wins and 48 career poles.
As you can see everyone on this list is deserving of the honor of being inducted into the NASCAR Hall OF Fame for their roll in shaping our sport.
The Landmark Award nominees are Jim France, Janet Guthrie, Alvin Hawkins, Ralph Seagraves, Ken Squire.
This is you nominees for the 2018 Class of the NASCAR Hall Of Fame and the nominees for the 2018 Landmark Award. Good luck to all those that have helped shape our sport you all are deserving both when you were on the track and now.
Credits Stats from NASCAR Hall Of Fame
Photo Credit NASCAR Media